Clayman & Rosenberg LLP seeks to resolve our clients’ commercial disputes with a maximum of efficiency and a minimum of risk. As the cost of litigation continues to rise, cost effectiveness is increasingly an integral part of the overall approach to any matter. Innovative negotiating strategies can achieve valuable results without the expense of trial. At the same time, our adversaries’ awareness that Clayman & Rosenberg LLP is not afraid to take a case to trial provides a huge negotiating advantage.
Clayman & Rosenberg LLP attorneys are routinely consulted concerning commercial disputes both before and after litigation has been commenced. Where possible, we endeavor to assist clients in resolving these disputes without resort to costly and distracting lawsuits. The key to achieving pre-litigation resolutions is often a combination of rapid mastery of the relevant facts and the development of imaginative solutions that work for opposing parties.
- Settlement at no cost of shareholder derivative suits in New York and Delaware seeking tens of millions of dollars against a former officer of a public company.
- Defended a former executive in a suit for breach of fiduciary duty brought by owners of a closely held international company.
- Won summary judgment in a claim brought on behalf of a jewelry business against its insurer for refusing to indemnify it after a significant fraud loss.
- Settled a breach of contract claim on highly favorable terms, thereby permitting technology company client to avoid bankruptcy and continue operations.
- Recovered a significant portion of loss from a bankrupt company’s insurance provider in a contractual dispute involving stolen consigned diamonds.